alice-teacher objects manipulation not working

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 29 12:12:30 EST 2013

I have found that I often need to press either the <cntrl> or the <alt> key when this problem occurs. We are aware of it, and are working on it.

It is related to the ability to use modifier keys in scene setup of Alice 3. If you are in the default mouse control mode, and hold <cntrl> and then click on the object with the mouse and move the mouse, the object will turn right and left… Hold <shift> and then click on the object with the mouse and move the mouse, the object will move up and down.

I hope that this helps.