alice-teacher transitioning from Alice v2 to something to prep for the AP test

Daryl Detrick DetrickD at warrenhills.org
Tue Jan 8 11:28:32 EST 2013

Sandy,

I agree with Mike that the Java Software Solutions is probably the easiest book to transition to AP.  We use Eclipse to program in my Intro and AP classes.  I highly recommend getting the Baron's test prep book.  I also highly recommend joining the AP CS discussion community (list-serve) https://apcommunity.collegeboard.org/web/apcompsci/.    This help so much in my first few years of teaching AP.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Daryl Detrick
detrickd at warrenhills.org