alice-teacher Interactive Video Game Question

Campau, Kathy KCampau at richmond.k12.mi.us
Tue Jan 8 07:55:29 EST 2013

Good morning!

One of the girls in my after school programming club is trying to create
an interactive game in which a princess is fighting a ninja. The player
is controlling the princess, but the ninja needs to be programmed to be
reactive and proactive in the fight. For example, she wants to make it
so when the princess kicks, the ninja puts their arm up (like to block).
How do I create an "if" statement based on a method? We tried using
proximity functions, like when the princess's foot is within "x" meters
of the ninja to block, but it's only working so-so. Is there a better
way to do this?

Thanks!

Kathy Campau

Technology Teacher, Richmond Middle School

2012 Macomb County Outstanding Middle School Teacher of the Year