alice-teacher integrating Alice into classroom

Denise Gurer gurerd at cruzio.com
Tue Feb 19 09:12:30 EST 2013

Hi all.

I am teaching a high school CS class and am using Alice (ver 3) for the first time. Typically I use Netbeans only.  I am trying to figure out how to integrate Alice into my curriculum.  Should I start with Alice and then gradually bring in Netbeans so they are doing both in parallel.  Or should I teach with Alice for some weeks, and then switch to Netbeans?  My goal is to have them be able to Java code in Netbeans or some similar IDE.  The other goal is to teach basic computing skills (of course) which Alice does wonderfully.

I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you who have been using Alice for a while now.  Thanks for your time!

Denise

Denise Gurer

gurerd at cruzio.com