alice-teacher exporting movie with sound

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 24 10:53:56 EST 2013

Unfortunately we are still having problems with worlds that use recorded sounds, including the fact that our exporter does not recognize that an animation may be over, because the background music may still be playing. For example, if I have a 45 second animation, but I am using as background music a 3 minute and 15 second sound clip, then our exporter will want to record all 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

Use screen capture software, such as Camtasia or Jing, to capture the playback of the Alice animation on your computer screen, not using the Alice export File command.
For Mac OS X, there is video screen capture capability built into QuickTime Player, which comes with the Mac. See the following link for more information:

http://www.wikihow.com/Record-Your-Screen-on-Mac

(From the FAQ page on the Alice Help Page - http://alice3.pbworks.com)