alice-teacher unable to hear mp3 files

Laurie Solomon Cohen lscohen613 at aol.com
Tue Dec 17 14:05:43 EST 2013

Yes, this method is what my students did. It's just a bit more work to download the sound, pull into Audacity, then export to .wav file, then import into Alice; especially since some .mp3 files work as is.

We use Audacity in other projects. In fact, my  fairy tale assignment includes the students creating a score/background music for their Alice movie using Audacity then importing it into Alice.  Then also adding in other sound effects such as princess screaming, dragon roaring. One student even has a loop of horse galloping sound as the knight rides in to the rescue.  We are really having fun with it.

Laurie Cohen
LSCohen613 at aol.com
240-793-1269 cell