alice-teacher Installing Alice on the School Network

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 13 10:23:40 EST 2013

See the following link:

	http://help.alice.org/w/page/58034183/Download%20Alice%202_3#Network

I am not quite sure that I understand the question completely. You do not need to load a copy of Alice for each user of a machine, one copy per machine is sufficient (I believe that you understand this). If the issue is the preferences file for the users, the above link has instructions tonsure that each user has their own preferences file.

If you are asking if there can be one copy of Alice on the server that everyone accesses and runs Alice from the user, this is where Alice has been hit or miss. It may work, with some performance degradation, but I am personally not very hopeful.