alice-teacher Alice and the Chromebook

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 11 13:59:16 EST 2013

We are starting to receive questions regarding Alice and being able to use either version on the Chromebook.

Alice is not designed to work on any mobile devices at this time.

However, I understand that it is possible to install linux on a Chromebook (see the following link:)

	http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343

If you want to go down this path, there are linux versions of both Alice 2 and Alice 3, but this is an implementation we have not yet tested.

See the following link of System Requirements for Alice:

	http://help.alice.org/w/page/54959064/System%20Requirements

Please let us know if you have any other questions…