alice-teacher alice or slow and steady alice?

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 11 13:29:11 EST 2013

The standard Alice version attempts to hand-off some of the graphics manipulations to the graphics cards of a computer. Slow and Steady Alice was built for those machines whose cards could not handle this functionality (over time, those machines are becoming less common). By and large, you will want to use standard Alice, and only try Slow and Steady Alice if your machines are not rendering the worlds correctly. Performance on Slow and Steady Alice will suffer somewhat.

Let us know if you have any other questions…

Later,
Don Slater