alice-teacher Alice 3 Camera Views

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Aug 17 09:48:27 EDT 2013

Myra,
See the two attached screen shots… First of all, I would suggest that when choosing top or side view, move the camera backward, using the camera controls that I have outline in the red box, which should allow the objects in the scene to come into view. Use the other camera controls to center the object in the view, and then move the camera back in.

It is possible that the objects in your scene are small enough that when the camera is moved back as I describe above, they cannot be seen. If this is the case, or you still cannot find the objects, add a very large object to the scene (to be deleted later) as a point of reference (the pirate ship is a good choice for this).

If you cannot see the pirate ship then there is a problem and please let us know, sending us a copy of the world. (Also, I posted a bug-fix update (version 3.1.77.0.0) to the alice download site yesterday… You might want o download one copy and try it to see if the problem persists.

As a side note, on the top view I have an arrow pointing to the Scene View Camera… Alice 3 now shows the camera object that is part of the project.

I hope this helps, and please keep us posted…