alice-teacher Question about object position.

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 16 16:01:16 EDT 2013

In the Scene Setup section, click on the "more controls" button. This section will expand, and you will see a button to "drop dummy" at marker.

For each of the fish:
	- select a fish
	- click on the drop dummy for selected object button
	- you will see the dummy object appear in a Dummy's folder in the object tree
	- find the newly created dummy object and rename it
	- set the vehicle of the dummy to its corresponding fish (so that it will move as the fish moves)

When it comes time for the fish to scatter for each dummy marker, in the program code
	- reset the vehicle of the dummy to the world

When the fish are ready to return to formation, for each fish
	- have the fish set its point of view to its respective dummy
	- reset the vehicle of the dummy back to its corresponding fish

Important point: You have to set up the dummy markers when setting up the scene. Alice does not allow you to create any objects, from the gallery, or dummy markers, while a program is running.

If you have been working with arrays (not lists), this becomes an interesting problem using parallel arrays of fish and dummys.

I hope this helps.