alice-teacher Question about object position.

Steve Hollis steve_hollis at brentwoodacademy.com
Tue Apr 16 14:58:46 EDT 2013

Hello all,

This is my first year teaching Alice.  It's been great so far.  My 12th grade students have a final project assignment.  They are animating a children's book using the various techniques we have learned all year.  One of my students has run into a problem that I am not sure how to solve.

He is animating the book Swimmy.  He has a lot of fish objects arranged in the shape of a larger fish.  As part of the story, he wants the fish to disperse and then come back into the shape of the larger fish.

Is there a way to capture the position of objects in a scene and bookmark it similar to the way you can set up scenes?  I didn't know if a pose capture would work since each piece of the larger fish is an individual object.

I hope that question made sense.

Thank you in advance.

Steve Hollis
Instructor of Science, English, and Computer
Brentwood Academy
219 Granny White Pike
Brentwood, TN 37027
615-373-0611 x 182