alice-teacher Fwd: Intro Intro question about where to learn Alice

Maggie Thomann maggielthomann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 14:43:36 EDT 2013

Hi Robert,

Northwestern University does have great classes for youth as Courtney
mentioned - both online and in person - through their Center for Talent
Development. <http://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/>The requirements for
students to be accepted to the program are fairly rigorous, but it's a
great program and definitely worth looking into.

In addition, I do know that there are several Intel Computer
Clubhouse<http://www.computerclubhouse.org/>locations in the Chicago
area that teach technology and programming related
classes.

Another great place to look is your local library.  Many of the suburban
libraries offer computer programming and game design courses. I am not sure
where in the Chicago area you are located, but you can always check with
the Young Adult Librarian at the library nearest you.  The Chicago Public
Library also does some amazing work with technology and teens through their
YouMedia<http://youmediachicago.org/2-about-us/pages/39-chicago-public-library>labs.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Maggie Thomann
Northwestern GLL Instructor
Reader Services Manager, Park Ridge Public Library