alice-teacher When are clipboards like rabbits?

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Sep 27 17:42:33 EDT 2012

A question had been posed about the increasing numbers of clipboards in Alice. It seems that when one creates a new world in Alice, and increases the number of clipboards in Preferences -> Seldom Used, the right thing happens, initially. But if in the same session (in other words, without quitting Alice), if the user creates a new world, the number of clipboards available in that world becomes by (number of clipboards from the previous world + number of clipboards from the first world - 1).

In other words, I start a world, and increase the number of available clipboards to 4. I finish my work in that world, and decide to start a new world, or open a previously saved world, I will still have my four clipboards, but then Alice automatically gives me three more clipboards, so in this world I now have 7 clipboards. I then decide to open a third world, Alice gives me three more clipboards, so now I will have 10.

No idea why Alice is doing this, but we will certainly look at it.

Thank you to Karen Christy for pointing this out.

Later,