alice-teacher Printing code for objects in folders

David Fenton fenton at fdn.uq.edu.au
Wed Sep 26 18:27:48 EDT 2012

G'day,

I think I may have found a bug in Alice 2.2.

I encourage my students to put non-interacting objects into folders in the object tree.
That works fine until one of my smart-alecs decided he would put interacting objects into folders too. He had methods and functions written for these objects.

So when he uses 'export code for printing', none of the methods for objects inside folders, are visible to be checked off for printing.
He solved the problem by taking the objects out of the folders, exporting his code, then not re-saving his Alice program.

Any ideas please?

Cheers
David Fenton
Coordinator of Information Technology Programmes
University of Queensland Foundation Year
Brisbane, Australia.