alice-teacher Alice 3.0.3.2.0 can't find Java

nancy hoorn njhoorn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:26:16 EDT 2012

robert,
do you have Lion OSX on a mac?  java 3D is not supported and there are no
known workarounds.  snow leopard supposedly works with it (and includes
it). Have a similar issue with an online math resource site which has some
activities that require java 3D.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Robert Durtschi
<robert.durtschi at gcsu.edu>wrote:

> Tried installing and running Alice 3.0.3.2.0 When I tried running it by
> clicking on the icon a Command Tool window popped up stating that it could
> not find Java.
>
> I went to Java.org and verified that I had Java installed as per
> instructions on your webpage (which is badly out of date. Java knows
> nothing about Java 3D)  It says installed.
>
> What do I need to do so Alice 3 can see my Java?
>
> Thanks
> Bob Durtschi

Nancy J Hoorn
Online math expert