alice-teacher FYI Alice 3.0

A. Jeff Goldstein A.Goldstein at VBSchools.com
Thu Sep 13 14:33:59 EDT 2012

Alice 3.0 went from Beta to distribution, recently.
I attended an Oracle Java workshop at Towson University this summer, where the developers came in to present the new version to our group.

It was very interesting that Alice 3.0 has the capability of changing its drag/drop code to actual Java code.  But not vice-versa.

Now, to get our older books updated... That's a different story.  Our district books cover Alice 2.2.

If you have not seen the 3.0, I suggest viewing it.  It's quite a radical change from version 2.x

Sincerely,

Jeff Goldstein
Cox HS, AP Computer Programming & Computer Science
www.jeffgold.net