alice-teacher To Cay (CS1 labs)

Cay Horstmann cay.horstmann at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 22:45:00 EDT 2012

Sure. They will all materialize on
http://www.horstmann.com/sjsu/fall2012/cs46a/. Labs 1 - 4 are live
now.

It really is super nice to have Alice available for this purpose, and
I would love it if more people used it in CS1. Just to explain what I
am doing:
- No Alice IDE. It's all in Netscape
- I provide some basic scaffolding around the Alice classes
- Students program in Java
- Students get to do fancy effects with a minimum of *Java* code
- We know from feedback data that they find it motivating

Cheers,

Cay