alice-teacher Rubrics--what do you use for grading Alice projects?

EILEEN PELUSO Pelusoem at lycoming.edu
Sat Oct 20 11:40:58 EDT 2012

I've attached a couple of rubrics.  The first one is the sort of rubric I use for weekly projects.  I've also included my notes for that project and the two handouts that the students receive, so you can see how they fit together.  On their weekly assignments, they have a list of features, all of which they are to include in their worlds.

For their final project, the students get two weeks to work on it before presenting it during finals week.  It differs from the weekly projects because they have a list of features that they can choose from to include.  There are actually two rubrics involved.  The first one attached (Final Rubric.docx) is an overall rubric that includes some points for their work during the first two weeks, a writing assignment, their presentation, and they actually get 5 points for completing the other rubric.  That rubric is on the last page of the final project description Final Project.docx.  They fill it out to give me an idea of which features they've chosen to include, so that I'm sure to spot them and give them appropriate credit.