alice-teacher A simpler example of my parameter bug

Roger Wistar rwistar at hotchkiss.org
Sat Mar 24 08:56:53 EDT 2012

I tried diagnosing my parameter bug from my previous message, and I think I have distilled it down into its simplest expression: for some reason, taking a parameter value in a function and passing it to another function does not work. The value of the parameter is mangled into the value 1.0. I created a program this morning which (I believe) illustrates this exact phenomenon.

Can someone take a look at this and let me know if either I am making a really dumb mistake, or else if there is in fact a serious bug? This would totally break my ability to use parameters in nested function calls, so I would love to hear a workaround if this is actually a bug.

Thanks!
Roger Wistar
rwistar at hotchkiss.org