alice-teacher Finch + Alice

Tom Lauwers tlauwers at finchrobot.com
Fri Mar 9 12:43:29 EST 2012

Hi Lance,

The Finch is small enough that it works on a table top, but it can
also be run on the floor. Mostly it depends on how much floor space
there is in your classroom or lab - if you have a lot of space,
running it on the floor makes more sense. Finch is powered over a 15
foot cable, so you have some room to work with for students running
the Finch on the floor. It'll run over most surfaces, though rough
floors like tile and thick pile carpet can be a problem. Of course, if
students are using it as an input device (to move graphics, for
example), they'll hold it - the Finch fits well into a two handed grip
(I've attached a pic to demonstrate and give an idea of size as well).

Best,
 Tom