alice-teacher Request for Alice Math Games

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Dec 13 13:14:55 EST 2012

A request:

<start>
Other than the math games/tutorials I found on the Duke Adventures in Alice site, http://www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice09/, are you aware of any collections of Alice math games?  I spoke to an 8th grade math teacher (Melissa Harding) who thought showing these to her students might be a good intro to Alice.  While she may not have time in her curriculum to teach them how to create their own worlds this year, if she had a way to show the demos related to the curriculum she may be able to inspire their interest to use Alice in an after-school club.

Thanks,

--
Kathy Menchaca
ITEST Program Manager
menchaca at cs.stanford.edu
650.725.4399

<end>

If anyone has these type of resources, I would be happy to collect them and post them on the curriki.

	http://www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Group_IntroductiontoProgrammingwithAlice/WebHome

You could send the actual resources, or send web links. This curriki is designed to be exactly this type of repository.

Dr. Susan Rodger already has set up a Teacher lesson plans page which is categorized and (has some math examples also).  I will be cross listing this page on the curriki. I have already listed her Alice Educator's web site at the curriki.

http://www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice/aliceInSchools/lessonPlans/