alice-teacher too many recursive calls?

Sandy Graham sandyg at gvtc.com
Wed Dec 5 10:39:24 EST 2012

I cannot find any errors in the attached student program, but it keeps
freezing up on both of our computers.  Is it freezing up because the program
is making more recursive calls than our computers can handle?  He changed it
to have one of the methods (eat gumdrop) use a while loop rather than a
recursive call and now the program seems to be working, but I wanted to
confirm what appears to be happening.  Is the problem in this attached
program too many recursive calls?

Your sister in Christ,

Sandy Graham