alice-teacher Do we need to be moderated?

Wanda Dann wpdann at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Aug 23 19:04:22 EDT 2012

I, personally, wish to offer a huge "thanks" to Don for monitoring this
list.

The primary motivation for monitoring the list is not to "police" but
instead to provide a
place where Alice teachers and parents can share ideas and ask questions
with the expectation
that their questions will be answered promptly but their mailbox will
not be overwhelmed.

We are aware that when educators post a question, it is often
"time-critical" in that they need to get an answer,
suggestion, or idea quickly (preferably before they have to meet their
students in the next class session).

We value the Alice community and very much want to enable teachers to
"talk" and "help" each other.
We give the community first priority in posting answers or suggestions
when a question is posted.
If, after a few hours however, a question hasn't been answered by
another member of the list, Don will
answer it.

In rare instances when Don doesn't  immediately know an answer to  a
question, he will
seek assistance from another member of the Alice project team. If it's a
bug, he will send it along
to the development team to be debugged.

Bravo, Don.

Wanda