alice-teacher Alice 2 or 3?

Lance Allen lanceallen.allen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 11:17:19 EDT 2012

Laurie, et al,
Alice v2.2 release 8-5-2011 included the ability to export a world for Web
display, however it required the viewer's computer to have a Java-enabled
browser, and the viewer had to have downloaded and installed Java 3D and
Java Media Frameworks in order to watch the animation. After downloading
and installing the files I found it very easy to export a world for web
display, however how many students have Java 3D or Java Media Frameworks
installed on their home computers?

I wound up spending $39.95 for a product called WM Capture
https://secure.applian.com/order_wmr_offer_wmcap.php and we recorded the
student's finished animations into .wmv, Windows Media format. Now they
could send their animations to anyone with a computer running WINDOWS. I've
used this to share some of my student's work with the LIST and it's worked
very well.