alice-teacher Alice v3.1.37.0.0 (Mac OS X)

Gamez, Enrique A (172B) enrique.a.gamez at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 16 20:07:23 EDT 2012

In preparation for possible student questions, I have a few of my own for the community.  First, I have to say that I love all the possibilities presented by having fully articulated models!

1) Can body parts be separately scaled?

2) Can we load our own background image to put behind our characters (replacing the typical grass, sea_floor, moon, etc.)?

3) Can we load an animation or sequence of stills into the background of our characters?  This would simplify posing characters to match movements in the background.

4) Can we programmatically change the axis center around which a particular joint moves?  eg.  to animate a box falling down stairs.

5) Is it possible to generate a movie out of an animation such that the Alice programming environment isn't required to play it?  (I.e. in a .MOV, .WMV, or .MP4 or other format?)

6) Has anyone developed a "walk cycle" procedure that you would be willing to share?

7) Does Alice support any text to speech engine?

8) Is it possible to allow Alice characters and props to be placed over an alpha (i.e. transparent background) to facilitate compositing later in post production?  This would facilitate getting our Alice animations to appear as it they are in the real world and quite possibly interacting with live actors.

9) Typo:  menu still says "Beta".

[cid:6ADDB17E-40B1-42F0-903E-F54B5FF8BEA0]