alice-teacher Alice 2.2 - Win 7 - problems with saving on network drive

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 13 21:31:05 EDT 2011

To those of you who have been experiencing problems saving worlds in a networked environment, could I ask you a favor?

Alice 2.0 is still available for download at www.alice.org. If you have time, would you download a copy of Alice 2.0 into your environment, attempt to save as you have been with Alice 2.2, and see if your performance is better?

We do not have your networked environments and it is difficult for us to replicate your problem. If we know that Alice 2.0 behaves well in your environment, and Alice 2.2 does not, then we can start looking at the new additions to the code base.

Thank you,
Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Office phone: (412) 268-4370

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau