alice-teacher Alice 2.2 - Win 7 - problems with saving on network drive

Mark Miller mlmiller at learningtech.org
Tue Sep 13 14:54:12 EDT 2011

We have also experienced this.
Students have been told to save every 5 minutes (but good luck
enforcing).

As a result, we are currently evaluating alternatives to Alice for our
next round of workshops.
We welcome suggestions. Unity/Code Hero look promising.

On Sep 12, 2011, at 7:14 PM, Matthew Wasserman wrote:
> I've had the same problem! It got to the point where we just stopped
> using Alice because the students would spend time working on a lab,
> and then it wouldn't save properly.
>
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 7:05 PM,  <rakel2 at simnet.is> wrote:
>> Hi hi...
>>
>> I'm having problems with the new version of Alice 2.2 - it takes
>> the students forever to save projects/worlds on a network drive.
>> And sometimes it just doesn't work - Alice just takes a break for
>> ever :o
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> With regards
>> Rakel

Mark L. Miller, Ph.D., President and Executive Director
The Miller Institute for Learning with Technology [Learningtech.org]
A 501(c)(3) California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation
Registered E-Rate Consultants (#16043681)
www.learningtech.org, 650-598-0105 x203
Reviews: http://greatnonprofits.org/reviews/the-miller-institute-for-learning-with-technology/
Initiatives: http://www.learningtech.org/donations/fundaneed.shtml
Tickets: https://tixwriteoff.com/ (Buy Raiders Tickets, Support STEM
Robotics for Oakland Kids)
Blog: http://blog.thatshouldntmatter.com/.
contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not