alice-teacher resizing

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 27 10:54:37 EDT 2011

The resize contracts the object toward its center point… Watch the resize from an overhead view… You will also notice that the tRex is really no longer on the ground...

One way to deal with this would be to resize in a doTogether with a move down ½ the height a move forward 1/4  the depth of the t-rex… Using ½ would seem to be the intuitive amount, but the center point is not truly ½ the depth (because of the length of the tail). ¼ is not perfect either, but it is a close approximation, I think.

Does this make sense?

Later,
Don Slater