alice-teacher switching which object is controlled by arrows

Emily Higgins erphiggins at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:13:08 EST 2011

Hello -
Thank you to the person that reminded me to put my topic in the subject
line.  I have a student who is trying to make a scene in which the user can
choose which object to control with arrow keys.  The objects, both fish,
moves fins all the time, so he both needs to have the selected fish do its
"swim" method and be controlled.  Then, if the user clicks on a different
fish, that fish should do its "swim" method and be controlled by arrows. It
seems like I should be able to have him use a parameter that is assigned
upon being clicked and then switch with fish is swimming or being
controlled.

Thank you,
Emily Higgins
Boothbay Harbor, Maine