alice-teacher Program problem

EILEEN PELUSO Pelusoem at lycoming.edu
Fri Nov 4 13:36:04 EDT 2011

Hi Janice,
I've done some summer workshops with middle school students.  In 2007, it was one 2-hour session that was structured with no time for the students to experiment.  It grew into four 1.5 hour sessions in 2008.  We offered a "2 week" version in 2009 that consisted of eight 1.5 hour sessions.  For the past two years, we've returned to the four session format and have started to repeat materials.  The materials can be found at:

http://www.lycoming.edu/~pelusoem/SummerOutreach/BU2007.htm
http://www.lycoming.edu/~pelusoem/SummerOutreach/BU2008.htm
http://www.lycoming.edu/~pelusoem/SummerOutreach/BU2009.htm
http://www.lycoming.edu/~pelusoem/SummerOutreach/BU2010.htm

I extended these materials for a 2-week unit of instruction that I delivered to high school students (they're also appropriate for middle school student though) in the region which the teachers followed up with a week or so of time to allow the students to create their own projects.  They can be downloaded from a link on the following page:

www.lycoming.edu/~pelusoem/Sabbatical2010/<http://www.lycoming.edu/~pelusoem/Sabbatical2010/>

I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have, and would welcome any comments and suggestions you may have.

Best wishes,

Eileen