alice-teacher (no subject)

Eric Lozaw LozawEr at watertownps.org
Thu May 19 12:20:10 EDT 2011

Original question
I currently have this problem with putting a list of numbers into order.  Since you can't see the code I'm writing I'll try to explain as clear as possible.  In my program I take in a list of numbers with one method and I do one pass through and get it sorted correctly with another method. As it's being sorted the numbers are taken out of the original list and put into a temporary list. I follow the numbers and it is doing it correctly at this point. After the first pass I then set the original list to equal the temporary list and try to pass through the sort method again.  This is where it gets wierd.  On the second pass the sorting algorithm is trying to use the temporary list and not the list that is called upon in my method.

Response:
Not having a great deal of experience, but I had a similar problem once upon
a time in my college programming days. I think you need to either clear or
delete the temporary list, before doing the pass again.

I tried clearing the list...and it tried to sort a null set.