alice-teacher Can Alice be used to Create Mobile Applicatio​ns?

Doug Gregory douggregory at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:42:24 EDT 2011

Hello All,

In the fall, I will be teaching a Mobile Applications Development Class
11-12th graders. I'm searching for an application to use to accomplish this.
I hope to be able to teach my students to code to both Apple and Android
devices. I'm looking for less code and more WYSIWYG interface.

Currently, I'm looking into Alice, Appcelerator and Rhomobile. As a Career
and Technology teacher in my district, we try our best to "Certify "
students via exam, for example Final Cut Pro or Adobe Photoshop ACE, etc.
Appcelerator looks to be only one of those 3 that offers that, but I'm very
afraid of some of the awful things I read about their bad support and flaky
Android apps.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I will be attending the Alice Training at Texas A&M Corpus Christi in July.

This is my first post to this list, but I have been on it for about 6 months
or so.

Thanks for any help or ideas!

Doug

Doug Gregory