alice-teacher Relese

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 20 15:34:08 EDT 2011

I would recommend Alice 2.2. There are many more support materials, including several different textbooks. I am also assuming that you are not expecting your students to be able to write very much, if any, Java code at the end of your course. Alice 3 is still specifically targeted at those courses in which students will start with Alice, but by the end of the course, they should be able to write Java (non-Alice) programs.

On Jul 20, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Eleanor Toich wrote:

> If someone is getting started with Alice which version should they begin
> with?
>
> Eleanor Toich

 <snip>