alice-teacher High School / Middle School Texts for Alice

Susana (Suki) Wessling suki at sukiwessling.com
Fri Jan 21 16:26:24 EST 2011

Hi April,

I am also teaching homeschooled kids, though most are younger than middle school. The most valuable tools I've found are actually the tutorials that other teachers have put together:
http://www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice09/tutorials.php
http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm

Probably best not to buy a book till they're updated with Alice 3. With my kids, the best approach seemed to be having them do the tutorials that come with Alice, then spend some time just doing fun stuff and discovering the tools. Then they could see what they didn't know and be more motivated to do tutorials to learn new skills.

Suki
Susana (Suki) Wessling
SukiWessling.parentclickblogs.com | Examiner.com/gifted-children-in-national
Suki's Parenting and Education Facebook Page