alice-teacher High School / Middle School Texts for Alice

Dean Arteaga deanarteaga at mac.com
Thu Jan 20 23:52:56 EST 2011

Alice is a great programming environment.
Depending on the age of your children, you may also want to look at
MIT's free programming intro software environment called: Scratch (http://scratch.mit.edu
  is the URL).
My daughter, now eight, has used it almost daily for the last three
years (yes, at 5 she started) and it is robust enough for her to learn
more. Like any language, human or programming, it is good to learn
more than one.
She and my son are home-schooled. Me, I am a high school computer
science/ technology teacher and ex-IT Exec.
Alice is great.  Scratch is really cool as well.
Hope this helps.

On Jan 20, 2011, at 3:09 PM, April Bradley wrote:

> ·         I am a homeschooling parent.  My two boys are both
> interested in programming and have completed other programming
> texts.  A friend of mine told me about Alice – I’m excited, based on
> my viewing of the site, about the learning opportunity for my boys
> and for the homeschool community.
>
> ·         I see that a text is recommended and has teaching
> syllabi.  Are there texts aimed at middle school and high school
> aged children?  If so, which ones would you recommend?  I’m
> interested in a textbook type format that could be incorporated into
> our home curriculum or taught at the local homeschool co-ops.
>
> I appreciate your time.

Dean Arteaga
deanarteaga at mac.com

addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify me immediately by e-mail and delete the message
and any attachments from your system. Thank You.