alice-teacher requesting lab set up help

Lorie Atkinson latkinson at elginisd.net
Thu Aug 25 12:04:19 EDT 2011

I am teaching a beginning programming class and am having trouble setting up my students successfully to be able to use Alice.

Items:
  Students do not have access to the c: directories
  Students have read access to the common y: directory
  Students have their own folders on the h: drive

Last year I copied Alice onto the common directory and the students were able to work. (small class)
This year one student will work fine, then the other 10 will error loading.

I am able to load Alice on to each computers' c: drive, but then they do not have access to a start icon.

Just looking for ideas, thanks,
Lorie Atkinson