alice-teacher Softcover Text Books

David Davis nfearh at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 03:32:07 EDT 2011

Hi  Lance,

I cover all of  my 'softcovers' with a substantially thick clear paper. Sometimes the 'place of purchase' offers this as a service, or  you should be able to find suitable clear 'thickish' clear binding paper at  an office supply store.

If you cut the clear paper to size with the book open, then cut the clear paper corners to 45 degrees across the text book cover's right angled cover corners you'll find it will fold up inside quite well.Then use clear tape to secure the infolded clear paper, extra tape on the  book cover edges if you choose .

If you have several books of the same size you could  make a brown paper template for each book size making it quicker and  easier to cut your clear paper cover material (good way to hone your initial skills on even for one text book!). Your text books should last for a long time then even with heavy student handling.

Happy bookbinding,

David Davis
djadavis at gmail.com