alice-teacher Alice-teacher Core Standards for Middle School

Terry Sacket tsacket at alcaweb.org
Mon Aug 1 21:49:19 EDT 2011

terry morley <terrymorley2002 at yahoo.com> writes:
>Hello,
>I am a middle school computer teacher in a parochial school who has been
>very lucky to partner others to provide an 8 week course in Alice in the
>Spring of 2011.
>Now we need to incorporate core standards into our curriculum.  Has
>anyone mapped any part of Alice training to those standards?
>Thank you for your assistance in bringing programming tools to our
>students.
>Terry Morley

Terry and others ...

I have been working with Common Core unwrapping them for the Aurora
Learning Community Association (ALCA) www.alcaweb.org.

To the point we can search out the unwrapped Common Core standards and
better align them to Alice assignments.  Lots more one can do.  Email me
directly is want to learn more....

Based on the unwrapping of the science/technical literacy, math, and
language arts standards one will find useful and easily linkage to Alice
tasks.

Terry Sacket
Computer Science Teacher
Science Subject Consultant