alice-teacher Teaching Alice to young children

Bill Dunklau BDunklau at lakehillprep.org
Fri Oct 29 18:00:02 EDT 2010

Suki,

I did not see a reply to your request, so will go ahead and post the
response I had sent to you (which got a "You do not have permission to
send to this recipient." notification).

Here are some of the books you might look at:
Starting out with Alice, by Tony Gaddis,
Learning to Program with Alice, by Dann, et. al.,
An Introduction to Programming Using Alice, by Herbert, and
Alice in Action with Java, by Adams (600 pages, the most thorough of the
group).

Note:  I have not purchased any Alice books for a few years, so there
could be new ones.

Susan Rodger has materials at
http://www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice/aliceInSchools/.

Other Duke materials are at
www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice09/tutorials.php.

Dick Baldwin has materials at: www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm.

Barb Ericson hosts The Alice Tea Party Web Site at:
http://home.cc.gatech.edu/TeaParty/

I am sure I have missed valuable and beneficial print materials and web
resources, so I hope others will fill in the gaps (if they haven't
already).

Bill Dunklau
Lakehill Preparatory School
www.lakehillprep.org