alice-teacher project based lessons

vania alexieva vania.alexieva22 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 01:58:01 EST 2010

Dear colleagues,
I am just starting with Alice as introductory course to OOP. The plan is to
tech it for 6-8 weeks as a tool to help students understand basic
object-oriented concepts before learning Java. I heard so many superlatives
about Alice and I am a bit confused where exactly to start…My preferences
are visualizations/movie like tutorials, followed by project based lessons.
I would love to hear about your experience. I would appreciate if you have
any suggestions for resources/textbooks you have been used in your practice.
Thanks in advance!

Vania Zaharieva-Alexieva

TV&Film/WebPageDesign&ICT/Math

Burnaby South Secondary School

(604) 664 8560 ext. 5134 classroom/ 5115 RATV studio

(604) 761 4345 cell

Vania.alexieva at sd41.bc.ca