alice-teacher Graphics error on Macs: edit window blocks code?

Roger Wistar rwistar at hotchkiss.org
Tue Dec 14 15:39:46 EST 2010

I noticed a strange error on the iMacs in my computer lab this semester. For some reason, the edit window (the window displaying the world) would always obscure the pop-up window that appears when you right-click an object to give it a direct command. Needless to say, this makes it harder to use the world builder and also to write code. We ended up just enlarging the object tree pane so much that the edit window was shoved over to the right side of the screen.

Oddly enough, this bug didn't happen on my MacBook, or on my PC at home. Has anyone else seen this problem and does anyone know of an easy fix?

Thanks!
Roger Wistar
Director of Computer Science
The Hotchkiss School