[6555-penn] Penn Avenue Water Line Repairs

Cheryl Barnes cbarnes at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 18 09:45:31 EDT 2010

To All Penn Ave Occupants,

Due to the current condition of our main water line, and the recent water
line breaks, FMS will be beginning a project next Tuesday to replace the
main water line running from Penn Ave into our building.  This project will
take multiple weeks to complete.  Our water service will be interrupted
intermittently as required by the contractor.  FMS will be providing
porta-johns during periods of extended water service disruptions.

This project will require a large section of pavement to be dug up in order
to completely replace the entire length of 8" water line.  Please exercise
caution when walking and driving in the parking lot.

Vehicles will not be able to park against the building during the
construction period.

We will pass along more detailed information once it is available.

Thanks,

Ryan Wolfe

Director of Campus Services

Carnegie Mellon University