[6555-penn] Power issues in the kitchen

Tiffany Wilder twilder at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 14 09:10:30 EST 2009

All,

Last week we experienced several power issues in the kitchen, where the
appliances would suddenly all be without power.  FMS has come to assess the
situation and have determined that there were too many things being powered
at the same time, which was tripping the breaker.

The solution, for now, is that FMS has moved the toaster to be powered
through the same outlet as the microwave.  As long as these are not being
used at the same time, then we should not have any more issues.  I will be
posting a sign in the kitchen to remind everyone to NOT use the microwave
and the toaster at the same time.

Thanks!

Tiffany L. Priester

Administrative Coordinator of Campus Services

Carnegie Mellon University

6555 Penn Avenue

Pittsburgh, PA  15206

Ph   412-268-2599

Fax 412-268-9040

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." - Randy
Pausch (1960-2008)