[6555-penn] Stolen personal items

Tiffany Wilder twilder at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 3 11:00:51 EDT 2008

All,

It was brought to my attention that another staff member has had something
taken from their desk, in their cubicle.  Since we do not have security
cameras to capture activity in each area of the building, it is impossible
to know who did it, when it happened, etc.

In order to prevent things like this in the future, I would highly recommend
storing items of value in a locked/secure drawer, cabinet, etc.  I encourage
you to not have anything of value sitting out in plain sight.  If you work
in a cubicle or an open office, it's especially important to make sure that
you have any important/personal/value items locked away in a safe place.
For those who have offices that can be locked, I encourage you to lock your
office door when you leave the area for any length of time.

Thanks for your help in this matter!

Tiffany L. Wilder

Administrative Coordinator of Campus Services

Carnegie Mellon University

6555 Penn Avenue

Pittsburgh, PA  15206

Ph   412-268-2599

Fax 412-268-9040

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." - Randy
Pausch (1960-2008)