[SDC Announcements] SDC GenBod Minutes 2/3/16

SDC Secretary sdc+secretary at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 5 15:46:35 EST 2016

Also, don't forgot to check out this lecture featuring Jelani Cobb:

“The Half Life of Freedom:  Race & Justice in America Today”

Featuring Jelani Cobb

New Yorker Staff Writer and Director of Africana Studies Institute at the
University of Connecticut
Thursday, February 11
4:30 pm
Porter 100

Jelani Cobb writes about the enormous complexity of race in America. In
2015, he received the Sidney Hillman Prize for Opinion & Analysis
Journalism for his New Yorker columns, in which he combined "the strengths
of an on-the-scene reporter, a public intellectual, a teacher, a vivid
writer, a subtle moralist, and an accomplished professional historian."  He
has recently addressed the issues of racism, free speech debates on
university campuses, the deaths of Tamir Rice and Freddie Gray, and
presidential candidates Donald Trump and Martin O’Malley.