[SCA-Dance] Sources for music for "zombie dances"?

Jeremy H. Kessler greenguy at peculiarity.net
Mon Jan 20 23:58:18 EST 2014

Tim McDaniel wrote, On 1/20/2014 4:32 PM:
> Anyone have sources, ideally already digital, for
> - Trenchmore
> - Nika Nika
> - Salterello II (is it maybe Corvus Corax?  Not the live version,
>     though that would make it a very sprightly dance.  Or Dead Can
>     Dance?  How appropriate)
> - Korobushka
> - Scotland the Brave

The recording we used for Korobushka way back when came from a Theodore
Bikel album called "Songs of a Russian Gypsy.  The dance is spelled
"Karobushka" on the album.

And, as long as you're digging up Russian dances done eons ago in the
Midrealm...

- Moonshine was danced to track 5 ("Svyetit Myesats") off of that same
Bikel album.

- Troika was danced, to track 8 ("Street Music") off of the David Munrow
album, "Henry VIII and His Six Wives:
http://www.allmusic.com/album/david-munrow-henry-viii-and-his-six-wives-mw0001382560#no-js

- Kohanoshka and Karapyet were never AFAIK danced as widely as were the
others, but their music came from old international folk dance records
of mine.

Phelan