[SCA-Dance] Dance music in Assassin's Creed?

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:33:08 EDT 2012

Hi.  Quick question, if I may.  I hear that in the Assassin's Creed games
(in particular, #2, which is set in Renaissance Italy), that they use some
period tunes possibly?

Does anyone have a list of which period tunes (in particular, dance tunes,
even if they are obscure for our common repertoire), that they use in any
of these games?  Or if not a list, does anyone know of any dance tunes
confirmed?  (and if you happen to know of any links to youtube videos of
the game play with the music, even better).

Not critical, but figured someone might have made such notes.  I'm helping
with some "medieval dance" at a ball at an anime convention in May, that
happens to have a video game theme this year, so I'm looking for good
crossovers.  Any other suggestions would be good too!  I know we've danced
some dances to modern music in the past, so I may use a few of those.  And
of course, given the genre and the mix, Korobushka is a must  (Tetris
music).  Don't worry, there is no specific requirement for periodness, nor
are we telling people that these are all period dances.  (I do tend to try
to let people know briefly where these dances are coming from).

Thanks!