[SCA-Dance] Interpreting the last chorus of "Cuckolds All A Row"

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Mar 19 17:09:35 EDT 2012

About partner A doing something shortly after partner B, not waiting
for A to finish or for 4 beats to elapse:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012, Benjamin Pung <ben at houseofpung.net> wrote:
> The one that comes to mind for me is the first chorus of Whirligig
> (mushrooms), where the man and woman cross over between the other
> couple, going "ladies first". There's not really a set number of
> beats there, just a right-of-way.

There's a non-SCA country/contra dance term for that, and it's so
obvious and concise (therefore can be used in calling) that I'm
surprised the SCA hasn't picked it up.

"Half figure eight".

Denyel "no, smartasses out there, I don't mean a figure 4.
Especially not IV" de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com