[SCA-Dance] Interpreting the last chorus of "Cuckolds All A Row"

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Mar 19 15:02:22 EDT 2012

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012, David Learmonth <david.a.learmonth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, so in chorus #2, I'm curious to know whether "then the 2 men
> shall change places, the woemen also allmost at the same time", so
> does this mean that they would be moving at the same time?  Or could
> it just "seem" like almost the same time, because they are only 4
> beats separated, versus many movements we make that are separated by
> 8 beats?

You can't have the women really start at the same time as the men,
because you'd get a four-person pileup in the center.  I've always
done exchanges in 4 beats, and I wouldn't consider "allmost at the
same time" == "4 beats later".  So I'm thinking men start, then women
start a little early, giving a little more time for the circling.

Danett Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com